Thursday 25 November 2010

A Little Chink of Light, Look You.

My husband Caddoc AKA Cad the Blogger (here) maybe doesn't realise I've been monitoring his recent antics with mounting interest.  I have been away the last few days in Llandudno. The shopping there is better. For a Welsh chapel-goer, I have splashed out considerably on some new outfits, one of which is quite suitable for day-wear. I also nipped into the excellent Llandudno "Homebase" for a doormat to replace the tattered old doormat which has disgraced my doorstep far too long.  I found quite an attractive one with a prominent "Welcome" legend on it.  Re-reading that last sentence, I get the feeling it is capable of more than one interpretation. Be assured I wasn't referring to you, Caddoc.  It's your gardener's hat that's tattered, not you. And surprise, surprise, I decided you needed a new one . . .


. . . an improvement, I think you will agree, even if little can be done about your face.  Then, imagine my surprise on returning to Abergele, to find you have parted with your saxophone!This can only be, I assume, in response to my recent complaints. Now that's going one step too far. You take your Ada's grouching far too seriously sometimes. I've had a look round some online music stores, and, well . . . Christmas is coming, and although these things are not exactly cheap . . .  And do you know, I didn't know they come in different sizes!  I'd like to think you were equipped with a nice big one.  Finally, I have just made a big pot of Welsh leek soup.  Far too much for one refined lady living alone.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your trip to Llandudno - my Nan lives in Rhos-on-Sea!
    Next time I up there will I see the pair of you taking a pleasent stroll down the seafront, Cad all decked out in his new hat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Lord Ada, are you going to invite Caddoc the Haddock back into the fold for a bowl of soup at lunchtime? Will there be Blue String Pudding to follow, if he doesn't drop any clangers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are looking up, Ada Beloved, you TOOTED me in a comment! I can hardly believe my good fortune, and as for that hat...well, anticipation mounts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. and what about the purchases that were not daywear?

    This online courtship is hotting up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. vivinfrance - things are hotting up even now HERE in the comments section...

    ReplyDelete