Wednesday 17 November 2010

Times Are Gettin' Hard, Boys...

So I've started thinking about alternative Christmas Goodies. How about these for tasty Festive treats?

Method.

After whacking, skin carefully, dip in egg and breadcrumbs, and fry in butter until golden brown. The tails make perfect pick-up points, as they remain relatively cool at all times.They may be decorated with red or green ribbons, to add to the Seasonal Jollity.

Mind you, you will need strong teeth to masticate these bony morsels to a consistency where swallowing is possible. Their bones are somewhat tougher than sardines or pilchards...

N.B. Nobody in their right mind is expected follow this recipe...

8 comments:

  1. Oh I am so glad you added that last line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, Madame Butterfly, I'd like to reassure you - no evil intent was mine! In a momement of boredom, I Googled for images of mice, and suddenly the dark side of my imgination took over...
    I you want to meet the real villain of the piece whose witchery is becoming all too plain, go visit HERE. I am thinking I may need to seek sanctury very soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry - my trembling fingers typed 'I' instead of 'if'... You see, I can almost feel Ada's hot breath on the back of my neck...yum....
    It disturbs my concentration...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know. Sounds like a yummy treat to me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This. Is. Brilliant!

    Something my own twisted mind might have come up with. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I didn't read this yesterday - I was cooking a mammoth Christmas dinner for several friends who won't be here on 25.12. I might have been tempted to experiment with the presents that Minouchki leaves in my gardening shoes.

    ReplyDelete