Monday 22 November 2010

Monday's Child. November 22nd.

Another contribution to the Child's Garden of Verses, prompted by this illustration:-

Dragon's Eye View

What strange animal is this?
It has no tail or wings or scales.
It's colour is not green.
Its yellow skin seems not to fit,
flopping around its waist and hip.
The strangest beast I've ever seen!
It's friend has spiky horns and tail
grown from its head. Red its lower
skin. What a tale to tell
my dragonettes when I get home.
I bet my Naughty One will say
"Ada, did you flame them both away?"

8 comments:

  1. I've heard the expression "Flaming Norah!", but the thought of a flaming Ada singes my stubble...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flamingly original....Well did he or did he not Flame them? That is the question...Naughty, Naughty...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I penned this in fit of pique, because I thought my saxophonist hubby was calling me a Welsh Dragon HERE. But now I see he was referring to himself! I'll desist from further flaming you, Cad aka Caddoc . . . for the time being!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is hope for me yet! But your inner fire flames me from afar...I burn, I burn...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Listen, you two, Ada and Caddoc, to the words of St.Paul
    "It is better to marry than to burn" 1st.Corinthians, 7:9

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doctor FTSE, it may have escaped your notice - we are indeed married, but my fire remains unquenched. Reading the bible is unlikely to alter this sad fact, any more than would a cold shower...

    ReplyDelete
  7. your have burning talent,
    powerfully crafted tale.
    well done.

    ReplyDelete