Monday 29 November 2010

Poetry Bus. November 29th.

Keen followers of the Caddoc-Ada story will understand that I don't have a lot of time for poetry at the moment. But Ada rarely let's a challenge pass without responding.  So here goes for the third of DanaBug's prompts: -

"Write about the place you dream of living someday. Or if you're lucky enough to already live there write about home."

The was a young blogger called Sam
Who watched the snow fall and said "Damn!
In weather like this
I have only one wish.
To live not in the place where I am."

9 comments:

  1. LOL - I am EXACTLY like Sam. I love snow for about 30 minutes & then I'm ready for spring. Of course in summer I'm dreaming of cool wintry days. I'm fickle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I am a limerick fan! Oh, joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen here! Checking in from snowy, cold Bend Oregon! Let me out ..............

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam, SAM ? Who is HE? Ada, is there something you've not been telling me? Shame on you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous: shame on you for your suspicion: Ada had to call him Sam: Cad doesn't rhyme with damn or am. Loosen up, look you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vivinfrance: I would have thought a lady as erudite as Mrs T would have no difficulty in finding rhymes for Cad, if she'd given the slightest thought to his feelings, e.g. tad, lad, bad, mad, sad, had, fad, egad, Baghdad. Need I go on?
    Pardon me if I continue to hold my suspicions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love limericks! This is a perfect one for the season!

    ReplyDelete