Tuesday 23 November 2010

Another Plea To Ada

Empty is my cup; its tarnished face
rebukes me. When did it drain dry of love?
The heady wine of passion will not slake
a thirst which longs for tenderest embrace
from loving arms. A hand in velvet glove
could lead me where it willed, and I'd forsake
all other paths. I call upon your grace
of spirit, hoping it may rise above
recriminations  for my past mistakes.


I have to thank Magpie Tales for providing a picture which had exactly the right emotional feel for my latest outpouring to my Beloved.

19 comments:

  1. Cad: It seems the lovely Ada is
    more than your Muse, and it is
    lovely to read so much dedicated
    to her and our life together.
    Nice magpie, and great take
    on the Willow challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, that would be "your" life
    together. Hurry is the bane of
    bloggers, wouldn't you say?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this doesn't melt her heart nothing will

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such tender words for Ada--very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She must feel so lucky to be loved like this...so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely - lucky Ada!
    btw, thanks for visiting me at Writing in the Bachs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I long to hear you saying those words to Ada! Lucky woman! Thanks for 'following'..... tell Ada it's strictly platonic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow- what a tribute! Lucky Ada.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A plea full of anguish ... nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My heart bleeds for you - why is Ada so cruel, when you obviously adore the very ground she walks on?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You kind commenters have not, I guess, heard Cad playing the saxophone. Ada can forgive much . . . but there are limits.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully done. "your grace of spirit" is lovely!
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  13. A plea for forgiveness...no more mistakes, please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely plea to her, this is addictive you know...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, if she doesn't want you... : )

    ReplyDelete