Tuesday 16 November 2010

Monday's Child#21

Will the prompt picture prompt KiddyFriendly verses?


Come Hither, Little Turkey.
Don't be deceived by beaming smile
or pumpkin-pie aroma.
It's just a ruse to help beguile
the turkey's "Why, Hello Ma!"
Then, when he's close enough to sniff
I whack him with the pie-dish
a single, brutal, well-timed biff -
and a warm(*) Thanksgiving wish.
(I bet my readers think I'm vile . . )

(Children have to learn sooner or later than life is cruel, bloodthirsty and unfair. Particularly to turkeys. At Thanksgiving. And Christmas.)

(*) Warm?  Actually about 180degC. 20 minutes per pound + 20 minutes
In many fan assisted ovens, 140degC is quite hot enough.

8 comments:

  1. And to think years ago my sister refused to read Beatrix Potter to her children for fear it would give them nightmares - it was all that shoving poor thieving)Peters father into a pie that did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully I am not a turkey; guess that pie won't hurt me? Happy whacking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, Ada. Happy Thanksgiving. I'm doing a Christmas dinner on Friday as most of our friends are going away for "les FĂȘtes"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ada dear Ada - you've kept your culinary skills quiet! How many Christmases have I had to eat a burnt offering, when all the time you could have used a pinger to keep a note of the cooking times as noted above! Had you been at the Christmas gin, I wonder? Or perhaps the sweeties in your stocking clouded you judgement, due to the sugar rush...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, get the ugly little critturs into the oven asap. Love the Hello Ma, aroma line

    ReplyDelete
  6. that will teach that bird not to go sniffing pie...beware pilgrims bearing gifts of plenty....thanks much for posting...bkm

    ReplyDelete