Sunday 21 November 2010

Message To My Beloved Part 2

Perhaps you would have understood better, my dearest, if I had posted this version of the song I was trying to serenade you with - no scantily clad pouters in sight. But I must say the Golden Lady with the dark hair in the first version bears more than a passing resemblance to your good self in the days of your youth, don't you agree?

Having survived the night here in the potting shed,  I now present you with my adaptation of verses for you to sing as you play your guitar, accompanied by my banjo.


Song For Ada

"Rock me, Mama like a waggon wheel,
rock me Mama any way you feel "-
I'm your Caddoc and sure, I'm real!
Oh Mama!
(plinka-plinka-plink-plink)

Dig my potatoes and trim my leeks -
be the perfect lady love that I seek.
You can pluck my banjo any day of the week
Oh Mama!
(winka-winka-wink-wink)

Let's forget the warring and call a truce-
trip the light fantastic 'til we both turn puce
and need to drink a gallon of orange juice.
Oh Mama!
(drinka-drinka-drink-drink)

Sorry the YouTube clip seems to begin at a strange place, but click to play anyway...The words are fine as long as you ignore the spelling mistakes!

8 comments:

  1. Saw the Old Crow Medicine Show at Cambridge Festival in 2005. You have excellent taste, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martin H - Lucky you!
    (I hope you sing the words of my ditty today...I believe they fit the chorus of the song well enough)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That can't fail to melt Ada's cold heart . . . can it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jabblog - I would hope not, but she is keeping ominously silent. When she gets huffy, she really huffs... Not to mention puffs, like the Welsh Dragon she is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cad . . listen,mate. Let a man of vast experience give you a word of advice. You'll get nowhere with a . . . a . . . personality like Ada by using full frontal assaults . . . Welsh Dragon references and so on. She's READING this stuff, for Goodness sakes. In the words of a different ditty . . "Try a Little Tenderness" (Delete this ASAP! Wouldn 't want Ada to read it and think I was coaching you in the Arts of Seduction. Ooops, sorry - meant reconciliation)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL - I'm quite enjoying this campaign you've got going. Can't wait to see what Ada has to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doc!

    Delete it? DELETE IT? No way - you must have the courage of your convictions. Then Ada may
    recognise you for the conniving stirrer-upper you are becoming, with a foot in both camps,
    Doctor FTSE. Cadwch yn glir!

    ReplyDelete