Tuesday 21 December 2010

Poetry Bus Challenge. 20th. December.

We have a simple single word prompt from the Weaver of Grass this week . . STAR

BINARY

"I am Caddoc's dark star,
encircling him with ponderous
gravity . . . "

"Behind her back I call her
my White Dwarf. Huge. Hugely dense
each thimbleful weighs tons . . . "

"We two are bound as one.
Paired binaries, inseparable.
On our collision course."

"I eclipse her and she, me.
Virgo and Capricorn locked
in heavenly combat."

"Unchangeable as physic's laws
we would not, could not change
our gruesome orbits."

"We have peered too long
through our telescopes' wrong ends.
Together we must admit . ."

" . . the background hiss of the space
between us, and there perhaps explore
the kiss of background love."

9 comments:

  1. This is 2010 pushing 2011, Light of My Life. In Stanza 2, you mean "tonnes" Tons are as old fashioned and boring as . . . as . . . oh, never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ada, beloved, are you taking my name in vain, and insinuating that I'd have written such slanderous words about your sylph like figure?
    I might have known I should have drawn the line at sharing passwords - I hope Trellissimo comes to reprimand you!
    But with the last two lines, Beloved, I am totally in agreement... The sooner we work on that collision course the better.I'm sure we would rebound to our mutual satisfaction...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Children, children! Not still sqabbling?

    I see, Mrs Trellis, you have been using the cosmos and its attributes as an extended metaphor for your relationship with Caddoc... are you listening, blogpoets? The Blog world could do with more of the same linguistic niceties, please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! This is delightfully anti-lovelike.. I wonder, however, for how many this may ring true?

    We have peered too long
    through our telescopes' wrong ends...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This definitely give me pause for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the cosmic take on this...though it is very grounded ~

    Happy hearts day to both of you~

    ReplyDelete
  7. And stars in the sky are so much more romantic than mere stars in the eyes of a beloved, don't you agree Ada?

    ReplyDelete