Saturday 22 January 2011

A Sepia Saturday Poem For Ada

Ada Trellis, my Beloved
When I looked at this old photograph of my Beloved today, I felt moved to declare my love to the world - or at least, Blogworld, and the followers of Sepia Saturday!

First And Last Love

Ada may not smile a lot,
but, by golly, has she got
what a gal should have, or not?

I keep her picture near my heart...
She's been my woman from the start,
since first love pierced me with it's dart.

And though her hair is turning grey
her lines and wrinkles, I must say,
make me love her more each day.

For she to me is the only one
who warms me like the golden sun,
and will do, till our lives be done.

16 comments:

  1. She is beautiful. I got a great laugh at your comment on my SS. Good to see someone alive and kicking. I love it. I am alive but not kicking much. Phil is not kicking any more either just sitting up talking about football. Getting paid a lot of money too.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky she is. How lucky you are. And aren't we lucky you shared this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely you can find a way to make that lovely lady smile? You poem made me smile. Welcome to Sepia Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh...oh to have someone write a poem like that for me someday. (Preferably my husband, of course.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a soft heart inside you, Cad - she too, though she hides it a bit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, that is the sweetest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhhm, what a way to say love! A great sentiment! The photo outdoes the sidebar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic addition to Sepia Saturday. I am in love with Ada who reminds me of my wife's Auntie Ada. Could we be related?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ada is lucky to be loved like this.
    :)~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog! Your writing makes me smile! I just gave you a LOL Award on my blog. If you want to see the rules and/or copy the award to post, head on over to http://lolamouse.blogspot.com/2011/01/you-like-me-you-really-like-me.html
    -lolamouse

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Lines and wrinkles", Caddoc "Crumply" Trellis. You've got some room to talk!

    ReplyDelete
  12. But Beloved, those lines and wrikles write the story of our lives together, and as such are to be cherished! I would'nt have you lose a single one, for my heart crumples daily at the sight of them!

    Cad x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tickle Bear . . . Have you checked that statement out with the good lady?

    ReplyDelete
  14. No TB. I mean the good lady might not agree with your assessment of how lucky she is!

    ReplyDelete