Tuesday 4 January 2011

Magpie Tales#47

Willow presents a puzzling prompt this week . . .
It's a . . . . or is it?



A Magpie blogpoet called Freud
said "This is one prompt to avoid!
It's quite weird, almost formless.
The sculptor was gormless -
Now Tess will be really annoyed!"

A much wiser blogger said "Sure?
The sculpt really isn't obscure!
It's three figures entwining.
Cad with Ada reclining -
Note, Trellissimo, nothing impure!" 



Meanwhile, in another place, Caddoc posted his version...




Plea To Humanity

Build a human tower,
give it strength to live
and learn to work together,
to pardon and forgive
the petty altercations
that block the way to peace,
until a world emerges
in which all warrings cease.



And Ada posted hers...


 Is This An Example Of The Black Arts? 

  
Bodies? I'm not sure
of impure
Human Grooves
as implied
by limbs
in knots, tied
together - HerS? HimS?

20 comments:

  1. Now this is becoming intriguing - I think somebody referred to Trellissimo as being a "pet" in a comment - but this post implies something slightly more, surely you don't, no you can't - not in Abergele!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madame . . I did suggest they decamp to Colwyn Bay, well away from outraged Abergelonians.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the oddness of this prompt, haven't written it yet, a bit daunted! Way to have a go at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's kind of nice to not know for sure... it leaves so much room for poetry...

    great poem... intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it is easier to let your mind float and simple put pen to paper - or fingers to keys. I like the chatter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever, clever, clever! Enjoyed this fun take...

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes a third person simply helps calm the fighting instincts of the other two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh very fun! You never ever disappoint me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever take, ah but if not for the puzzle, what would be left for the words to express?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how this means so many different things to all the Magpier's! So fun!

    Very excellently written!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this put a smile on my face! I didn't know what the h- it was for a couple of days either. I must confess, I read a few other Magpiers stories to see what they thought it was! Then I got inspired. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with the wiser blogger..permutations win! Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another funny one! Good for you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG a threesome! How clever of you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh and thank you for the link comment - of course, had I typed in the correct URL we wouldn't have had that problem!!

    ReplyDelete