Thursday 24 February 2011

Puzzling People

Willow set a puzzle for this week's Magpie Tales #54,
which made me think of Ada and Caddoc - the most puzzling
people I have ever met!
(Click on their names if you missed their latest story!)


A Tribute From Trellissimo

How like a jigsaw puzzle, my two friends!
Their lives forever link and break apart,
though each without the other is but half
a whole person. At life's very heart
they have found a place of truce, a private
world within whose margins squabbles cease.
They meet on equal terms, and so together
may explore the advantages of peace-
ful existence. Minor altercations
split the surface of their lives, it's true
but they learned to bend and flex
when volatile earth tremors threatened to
engulf those castles built in air
by this ill assorted, perfect pair.

14 comments:

  1. I love these two! They remind me of my "other half" and me!

    Nicely Magged. Blog on Trellissimo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is all about compromise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so much fun to see what's happening next here. Tess is right, 'though - it's all about compromise. ☼

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect indeed. great poem. there is something about people who love one another clashing. if one did not care there is nothing to clash about so often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How boring life would be, without those disagreements and clashes. I like this one, a lot.

    Poetry24…where news is the Muse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, a little conflict can make life interesting. Making up is the best part! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Magpie reminds me of the relationship I have with my two sisters .... Now in our 60s, care and compromise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Compromise the bane of marriage and existence....not bad in small doses but lethal if one break the back with too much bending...lovely words...

    ReplyDelete
  9. The trouble is . . I get the feeling that Mrs.Trellis is a bit like Richard Milhous Nixon for whom "compromise" meant "Do as I tell you."

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely couple. I think they are just perfect the way they are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. things will work out alright..
    very well fine tuned piece.

    ReplyDelete