Saturday 5 February 2011

Every Dog Has His Day

A hang dog expression is one I know well,
when I'm in the dog-house. Ada could tell
you, if she wanted to, I'm sure
what norty capers she sends me there for!

If I tickle her fancy and give her the giggles,
she's apt to get stroppy, and possibly niggle
until I turn tail and give her a nip
by thinking up some inappropriate quip

which displeases Beloved. I'll get sent to clink
unless I can tempt her with a little drink
of frothy hot chocolate, and digestive biscuit,
and maybe a quick kiss- if I dare risk it!

The pathway to romance is often a stony one,
and in that department, I can't be the only one
who's happy to take the rough with the 'smoove',
for the sake of the person they've chosen to 'loove'.


N.B.Alan and Kat at Sepia Saturday are used to seeing all kinds of old photographs, but how about this fine fellow who was sitting disconsolately amongst the Google images, waiting to be discovered? I couldn't resist using him as a prompt for some more Trellis Teasing!

7 comments:

  1. In fact the dog has quite a sepia look about him. And the verse is priceless so thanks for adding it to Sepia Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it has a dog in it...I love it....not just man's best friend...MY most beloved animals barks.....!Great story and a do you have a treat for the dog already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There he is, St. Bernard to the rescue of the ones nearly stranded frozen in ice and snow, bringing brandy redemption for their wanderings!! Comical verse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A St. Bernard in need of his own rescue! It's a supreme sepia offering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely, fun Sepia Saturday reading. A dog who loves digestive biscuits and frothy cocoa is one after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this makes my day. Mostly the poem. The dog is good too, but he looks like he's on the downhill side of the slope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful twist with a great poem and St. Bernard.

    ReplyDelete