Tuesday 8 February 2011

"I'll Be Back!"

Sometimes Dame Fortune lends a helping hand!  This week's prompt from Willow Manor for Magpie Tales#52 is a picture of the very house where the Police are holding Caddoc Trellis incommunicado.  So . .  Trellissimo to the rescue!


Scene:   The front desk of a police hideout deep in the Abergele hinterlands.
Enter:   Terminator Trellissimo, stripped to the waist and brandishing an AK47.  He has several belts of ammunition looped round his immensely broad shoulders and 3 or 4 Glock pistols in his waistband.  He walks as if he has long Samurai swords down both pant legs, which indeed he has.

Desk Sergeant: "Goodmorning, can I help you, sir?"

Trell: This whole thing's really most unfair! I think you're holding my friend Cad. That's really very, very sad. That kinda makes me really mad, 'cos what he did was not so bad.

Sergeant:  My Gawd!  You rhyme like Doctor Seuss! Cad loitered 'neath the Town Square clock! We lifted him. He turned quite puce. We thought that he might run amok. That's why we've got him in the dock.

Trell gazes tenderly at his AK47

Trell: You know what this is, Mister Copper? Trell's highly lethal baddy-stopper. Just watch that you don't come a cropper. Now, bring forth Ada's floor-tile mopper!

Sergeant: Don't threaten me, you muscled creep! The swinish Cad's in dungeon deep. He sowed crime's wind! Whirlwind he'll reap! (Pause) Your rhyming crimes make Willow weep.

Trell: Sergeant, my mood is turning black. I will not cut you much more slack. Stand-off becomes all-out attack - (With Austrian accent -) I'LL BE BACK!

(Exit Trellissimo)

Sergeant: Who was that guy festooned with arms, quite lacking any manly charms, reject from a body-building farm, and threatening me with G.B harm?

(Enter, splintering the door, a Humvee driven by Trell, a maniacal light in his eyes. Smashes into desk. Trell leaps out.  Fires several bursts from AK47 into the ceiling)

Trell:  Now please hand over my friend Caddoc before I slice you like a haddock, and lest your plight gets any worse - stop slagging off my Magpie verse! So . . follow me, you horrid man. I'll lock you in poor Caddoc's can.

(Quaking, Sergeant hands keys to Trell and points down corridor. Exit Trell down the corridor prodding Sergeant along with muzzle of the AK47. He reappears a few moment later with one arm round Caddoc Trellis's shoulders)

Trell. I love Cad like he was my twin. He has no business being in this hell-hole deep in bosky wood.
Now he is freed, as well he should  be. His happy smile says all now well is, as home he trots to Mrs.Trellis, while I, the hero of North Wales will read more Magpie Birthday Tales.(*)

(*) This Magpie comes to us on the anniversary of Tess Kincaid's first Magpie prompt. Raise your glasses, folks!  'Nuff said.

21 comments:

  1. You've given us two reasons to raise a glass. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trellissmo to the rescue - wonderful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun script! Go Trell! Cheers! (Raises glass.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOOO, I love a man who knows what he wants.
    attaboy, you can come and rescue me any time. Unless Ada gets the hump?

    Just pop over the border, boyo, when she's busy slapping Cad around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will Shakespear stand back! Trellissimo has stole your mantle!
    Ummm... is he for hire?

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Now please hand over my friend Caddoc before I slice you like a haddock..." I'm still laughing at that wonderful rhyme! I love your Mag! It's as if Dashiell Hammett and Dr. Seuss had a love child!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! Oh! Thanks for the laugh! What a marvelous take on this photo prompt! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't 'get it' till I read their back-story. Will there be more?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am shaking my head and wondering where have you been all my life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smiles... bravo indeed, loved the rhyme schematics here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! My question - when I see the rapper rhymes - did Trellissimo have a 'Plan B' ? And Ada - She said?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRXBrE-Z1b0&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Britta! If only Ada had as much heart. Loved the video, and have included it in my post above this one, for it needed sharing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 'long Samurai swords down both pant legs' - this quite caught my imagination, but then I have a NASTY imagination ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rescue or revenge - I love 'em both.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, Ada needs her floor tile mopper! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun and funny! Very unique approach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Police drama never seemed like so much fun!! What a fun story, well done!

    ReplyDelete