Tuesday 1 February 2011

Monday's Child #31

Monday's Child (alias bkm) offers this charming prompt of two little angels heading up the Wooden Hill to Bedfordshire



Unhappily, there's a shortage of angels in Abergele.

Bedtime Story.

What an angelic little lad!
Reminds me of my husband Cad.
Just watch me lure him up the stair
and pin him in my bedroom lair.
I'll kid him that his Little Ted
will eat him in his ground-floor bed,
so best he comes upstairs with me,
for Husband Caddoc, don't you see
your wooden horsey cannot climb
a staircase. We'll escape in time!
Monday's my weekly pram-raid night
Caddoc, and I'm a frisky sprite!
My hike last week through winter's snow
has left me feeling all aglow.
And what to say about your brandy?
It makes me feel I rhyme with handy!
Do not be fooled by white night-shirty.
When we're alone, it's down-and-dirty.

(You can read more child-friendly entries by following the link to Monday's Child, or for another grown up version, not unlike my own, I've spotted one here, too!)

Ada, Beloved, I have just come downstairs to find you have left yurself logged into the computer again! Think of our electricity bills! And what are you doing, broadcasting frisky details of white night-shirts to all and sundry? Spare my blushes... I may have to return after I've thought long and hard about a suitable repartee to your poetic effusion above...
Yours,
Caddoc X

7 comments:

  1. Mrs Trellis, once again I have been tickled pink by one of your Tall Tales. I read this in the early hours of this morning, but needed a night's sleep before summoning the strength to leave you a comment. I was awake at a very strange hour, and was ot firing on all cylinders...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or even 'not firing', as opposed to 'ot firing'...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gradually you are letting more and more spill ... so cad is your "Toy Boy" Ada? Now that does explain a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny! Came over from Jinksys Magpie...glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a Gem of a Monday's Child....and the white night shirty...down and dirty...what a darling couple you are...please continue your posting at Monday's Child because I always look forward to your sweet verse...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know about a 'darling couple'! I had to block the Trellis blog from the kiddies after this! Shame, they used to use Ada's photo as a darts board! Now even that much exposure to such a hussy is too risky for their little minds!
    Poor Cad! Toy boy to such a shameless sexual predator!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stafford Ray! What do you mean?
    A mere two years there are between
    me and my Beloved Ada -
    far too few to have made a
    Toy Boy out of me, I'll wager!

    ReplyDelete