Friday 25 August 2023

What's He Up To Now?

Bet you didn't know, dear reader, that in his younger days my husband Caddoc went in for all-in-wrestling. His favourite opponent was little me, Ada, his best-beloved (he says) wife. "Come now, dearest," he would cry, "three five minute rounds with two falls or a submission to decide the issue." Just imagine it!  In the halcyon days losing to him wasn't too bad, but latterly . . . goodness me, at my age!  Anyway, there he is, holed up in his shed, doing burpees and squats and one arm push-ups and trunk-curls and what are those rumbling sounds I hear . . . has he got a treadmill or an exercise bike in there? And here am I imagining him expanding his chest, toning his biceps and thighs, reshaping his physique to it's useful (oops! I mean 'youthful') splendour . . . though come to think of it 'useful' doesn't sound so bad.  Hold on!  Can this really be me, Ada (call me "Unyielding") Trellis falling prey to slightly impure day-dreams?  Never! No way!  On the other hand . . .
'Caddoc.  CADDOC!  Come here a minute. But take that scarecrow hat off, look you!' 

Magaly's invitation to write about muscle memory is behind this unwarranted and, I assure you, quite untypical outburst. Things are now back to normal and our hero has retreated to his shed. 
 

9 comments:

  1. Muscle memory = memory of muscles? Very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Anonymous above is me, Rosemary. Sorry, Google seems to have defective memory tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh there is a whole family here at Poets United lol. Now I learn about Caddoc the muscle man haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coo-ee, Mrs T - are you in? I can't reach your doorbell... Caddoc wanted me to tell you he'll be with you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. "our hero has retreated to his shed." Cowering perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a fight to the death between you and Caddo, yes? So 'plus ca change.' Very funny, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I support wonderfully impure day-dreams! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH YES ... I knew almost immediately, dear Ada ... those were the most impure of impure thoughts, and uproariously funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take that hat off, look you .....a few minutes before day dreams become reality ✨️ ;). Enjoyed

    ReplyDelete