Tuesday 13 September 2011

Foot In Mouth? Not This Time, Caddoc...

Ada, startled from a dream, awoke and gave a piercing scream.  For there, suited in ghostly white she saw, or thought she saw, a fright - (line break, hahahaha!) 
ful image standing by her bed, a zombie wearing Caddoc's head! 

But who else could wear that silly hat, save Caddoc? She cried "Out, you prat. What stupid joke is this you're playing? You've very little chance of staying to watch me getting up and dressed, although you'll always do your best to hang around and drool and flirt while Ada's putting on her skirt..."

“ Beloved, you’re a sight that pleases; I start to think of hugs… and sqeezes...You! In your dainty night attire, you know you set my lust afire! But hush you now, I beg you, stop. I am about to paint your top (*). Now our boudoir’s spick and span, I thought I’d play the handyman again and paint the kitchen ceiling. Can’t you see I am appealing to your tidy side my sweet? I know you like things clean and neat.”

And Caddoc in his pristine whites (shunning the thought of all delights) made his way down to the kitchen, forgetting Ada and her bewitching charms for just a little while. He concentrated on the pile of paint pots, brushes, roller trays that haunted dreams and filled his days with busy minutes. “Splish!” and “Splosh!” the bristles went.
“There, now, that’s posh" our Caddoc said while stepping back… But, goodness me! Alas! Alack! His size nine foot went in the paint –  
A handy man is what he ain’t!!!

Wait till Ada seesto be continued

But click on (*) above to see the back story.

21 comments:

  1. I don't know about the two of you. Always like cat an mouse when one of you be having fun while looking up at the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. could be, could be. and the an should be and.
    Sorry, you confuse me no end with your marital shenanigans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got lost in blogland . . . so my comment was something unseemly which I now can't remember:-/ Just as well, for Ada's delicate .constitution . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madame Friko - If you're confused, how do you think I feel?
    And jabblog uk - it's dangerous to get lost around here - you never know where you may end up! Trellissimo is somebody you mightn't like to bump into unexpectedly...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a laugh this gave me after reading so many serious 'mags.' Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I think I'd have quite the fright if I'd seen that image in my boudoir as well! More than the paint will be flying when Ada finds out what happens is my guess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A foot in the paint pot is never a fine thing. Laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your story is so silly. It must have been fun to write ... Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. at least I found a happy take on that photo.. like it!

    JJRod'z

    ReplyDelete
  10. painted himself into a corner? great fun

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this. What a pair! You know the formatting of these tales is genius in itself....!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He stepped in it more than once!! -Fun- thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the interjection - (line break, hahaha!) - drawing attention to the split word to complete the rhyme. Writing this must be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, well done! Caddoc might have had his mind on cricket while donning his whites, but painting the kitchen would yield richer rewards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. .... always leave 'em laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will be giggling the rest of the day...love what you did with the Wyeth...

    ReplyDelete