Wednesday 31 August 2011

Ideal Gift

Caddoc is a man with a dress sense all his own but when I saw him yesterday, out in the rain alone, I was startled when I noticed that he held above his head a very large umbrella in a garish shade of red. He looked for all the world like the guy from Magpie Tales but I thought "That's Caddoc Trellis, from Abergele, Wales... So what on earth's he doing in this seedy part of town?" And if his Ada saw him, would she be inclined to frown? Would he try to reassure her with "I must have lost my way. I was off to buy a pressie, love, in nearby Colwyn Bay. I think I missed my turning as I headed through Pensarn and then it started raining, dear, I muttered "Drat!" and "Darn"'cos when my brolly is unfurled I can only see my feet so I don't know how I ended up in this decrepit street of drinking dens and betting shops, Houses of Ill Repute where naughty girls in fish-net tights hold out Forbidden Fruit. So lead me homeward, Ada, and when all is done and said, I'll gladly do some penance in my lonely garden shed."

Would Ada say, "A pressie, Cad, could put your wrongs to right" if Caddoc beamed and handed her ...
a pair of fish-net tights?


21 comments:

  1. Oh, this is quite the enchanting Tale! The answer is YES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant and convincing excuse! - I can only see my feet so I don't know how I ended up... - So rain is truly more dangerous than I thought! Love the ryhthm and rhyme too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there absolutely nothing you take seriously, the pair of you?
    What's that comment on my post doing other than make me laugh? I'll have you know this was a serious enquiry.

    Ah, what the hell, laughter is the best medicine, so why not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wee man is capable of every mistake in the book. Pure, dead brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now Ada Trellis in fishnet tights! Picture PLEASE! I hope the fun never stops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Interesting take on this Magpie. Very enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucy - Your wish was my command!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Nothing like not knowing where you are because you can't see from under your garish umbrella! Think the person will fall for it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Believable- and funny! thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made me smile today. Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a hoot! More need to see and read this! It is word and humorous flow perfect......!! And that picture..!

    ....if I ever need names for a couple of future pets/toys/flowers/anything....Ada and Caddoc it will be.......!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zack? Zack, love . . . just come and look at this! Your pin-up girl in fish-nets!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll have you know, Lucy Westenra, I'll be after anybody who uses My Beloved's picture as a pin up - Zack included! Be warned!!!!

    (Thinks:- How much might he pay for the privilege, should I allow him to be the exception to the rule?)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ada's legs are remarkable - has she insured them?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes! Love the legs, shame about the face!
    haha... Come clean Cad, from where did you obtain the tights?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I lost my train of thought after the um, lovely stocking image.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ah a gift to get you out of a tough situation....likely excuse he didn't know where he had roamed....good job

    ReplyDelete
  18. Giggle...I must have a pair myself...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, those legs! You bring this all so much to life and I am wearing a huge smile. I loved your poem, and I think it is so clever that you cropped the photo...it is perfect for your Magpie.

    Have so enjoyed learning, via many Magpies responding to this photo prompt, the word Brolly. It was new to me and now it practically rolls off my tongue (or would if there were rain right now!).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely brilliant tale and Ada looks stunning!

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  21. I only got here this morning, and so glad about that. What a great way to start a Monday--laughing!
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete