Sunday 31 October 2010

Poetry Bus, November 1st.

Go here to see the multiplicity of prompts offered by Liz  this week, all connected to Halloween.


Grow It With Music


In our back yard there stands a garden shed,
and from the shed, nerve-shredding wails and moans
leak through my kitchen window. Tears I shed -
of laughter! Caddoc’s playing saxophone!

He thinks it helps his baby pumpkins grow
plump for All Hallows’ Eve. “For don’t you see,”
he says, “that serenading sweet and low
inflates my pumpkins?” One of many bees
in Caddoc’s gardening bonnet, I suppose.
In Spring I’ve heard him serenading trees.
Bet they’d like to uproot themselves and run –
as I would.  Caddoc’s sax is not much fun.

8 comments:

  1. Injecting them with soultions of syrup is supposed to make them heavier...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so much fun - I was SURE it was going to be about murdering Caddoc in the shed again. Nice musical surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thought of Mrs T shedding tears of laughter is definitely awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heheh - as a novice sax player myself I can confirm there's no more fingernail-down-the-blackboard, hair-raising errie sound than gone-wrong sax. Wittliy observed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. doesn't sound too "saxy" to me! Once again another hiarious post...falling off the chair laughing now.............

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire Mrs.Trellis for her endurance and witticisms and always enjoy her blog. But, Enchanted Oak . . ADORE her! Must draw the line somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It might work better if Caddock came out of his shed. But perhaps he's scared of the poet!

    ReplyDelete