Monday 14 February 2011

A Day For Romance

This illustration provided by Susan at Stony River, was supposed to inspire Bloggers to write a succinct caption, in 140 characters or less, for her Microfiction Monday prompt. But I was feeling loquacious, and this was the result - sorry, Susan  I promise to do better next time.!*Scroll on down!

When Ada suggested a picnic (years ago, one Spring)
I little thought I'd get left out...But I sat there, pondering,
while naughty Ada and a beau started to get pally,
and her next door neighbours, Johnathan and Sally,
calmly read their magazine, oblivious to all;
the hills and vales held no allure. But I was held in thrall
from that point on, dear reader, by Ada's fulsome charms...
and couldn't wait until the time I'd hold her in my arms
as we glided round the dance floor at the local tuppenny hop,
The beau was soon discarded, for she didn't care a jot
for his rather lovesick gaze - she liked her men more manly!.
And so it was dear Ada soon put paid to weedy Stanley
and went for Caddoc's muscles. Do I rue the day?
Of course I don't you sillies! I'd have it no other way! 
Happy Valentine's Day, Beloved! 


*But wait - here's a late edition MFM, just for Susan!
Keep still - there's an ant creeping inside your shirt! Watch it! He might be heading towards your pants! 

11 comments:

  1. So glad you disgarded the rules and told us how you won Ada away from Weedy Stanley. And I do hope the ants in your rants don't reach the pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romantic, witty, hilarious...fantastic gems, both!
    Happy Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...I liked both your stories...difficult to choose one over the other. Have a great week. Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two wonderful entries! Don't apologize for the first passing 140 characters...it is always good when the muse takes over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hurrah...manly man...way to win...now about those ants...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love laughing more than ANYTHING..Ada must be a happy lady indeed! Manly man, I could go for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you romantic, you! but ants in pants are no fun . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you can be totally forgiven for not sticking to the rules here, I loved it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful! one could take notes on how to woo a girl...

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! Great style very amusing. Loved it! :O)

    ReplyDelete