Wednesday 12 October 2011

You Shall Go To The Ball!

I know I am no Cinderella but here I am with my Welsh fella heading out for Willow's ball. He's shed his gardening overall but not his crumpled hat... I fear those purple flares are yesteryear. And see me in the height of fashion! Could it enflame some dancer's passion who'll sweep me up in his embrace and look with rapture on my face and...  "Sorry, Caddoc, dearest dear, I'd quite forgotten you were here.
And lest you think I'm playing false,I'll share with you the Midnight Waltz."

Thank you Tess, for letting us attend your grand function!

P.S. Trellissimo wants to add his twopenn'orth, as he happened to have visited an Imaginary Garden with real toads, and wanted to dip his oar in the water, hoping he may be allowed to join us as an honorary guest - or even by the back door? Here's his ticket:-

Ada and Caddoc agree,
that they'll be a hip old pair
who'll attend the Willow Ball
looking like Sonny and Cher.

They both remember the time-
O sublime and carefree days -
when Flower Power flourished
and life passed by in a haze.

22 comments:

  1. I have those exact same pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't possibly attend Willow's Annual Ball dressed like that! You'll frighten the horses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isabel - what, with Caddoc? How brave.

    Jacqueline - you obviously have good taste.

    Catfish Tales - see ya!

    Doctor FTSE - just you watch us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! All friends and followers welcomed at Real Toads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were great fun! Love the pants!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun posting! "O sublime and carefree days" - great line even though I'm glad they're over!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dressing hippy-alike is so romantic.....they'll be having a ball nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cher called ... she wants her clothes back!!! From both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kerry O'Connor - Thank you:)

    The Old Raven - Hooting is for Owls?

    Yoli - Hope that's my pants, not Caddoc's?

    Mary Ann Potter - Our days are still carefree, though not always sublime...

    Lena - 'His' and 'Hers' outfits do add a little 'Je ne sais quoi', I believe.

    Helen- She'll be lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helen, the hat might be Sonny's! And yes, you might frighten the horses, but you will add a bit of "something" to the party that wasn't there before... Actually, there is a video of Tess amongst the guest blogs that has her attired in vintage clothes.. but I think it is short - shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Margaret - There is NO doubt that the hat belongs to none other than CADDOOC! I can barely get him to take it off before he climbs into bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Into bed you say...? Oh yes. I do see it is his hat. He does have his own... style. Was it not the hat that attracted you to him in the first place?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful. I was going to do my Welsh poem with tongue in cheek but just couldn't get it going. This is perfect! I love it. Shades of my misspent youth!

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  14. absolutely over the moon to see you ...what about a spin around the floor? after all we're almost neighbours you know.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. My date Eugene just started singing this song to Caddock "Start wearing Purple" http://www.livinginthemiddle.com/2011/10/gown-gems-and-guy.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. i got you, babe! i got YOU... BABE. gotcha. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You both look marvelous and hearken back to an amazing decade. We all danced by ourselves and not in couples, so you two are not only retro but also ahead of your time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice Welsh bit... oh, those were the days all right

    ReplyDelete
  19. Giggle...thanks for making the Willow Manor Ball 2011 so much fun...

    ReplyDelete