Friday 28 October 2011

Foot Traffic

This week, Tess at Magpie Tales focussed our attention on  the delights, or not, of cars and it set me thinking...

In the wilds of Abergele
we shun traffic fumes. Phew! Smelly!
The classic wellie boot prevails
as people's feet stomp round the town,
climb craggy hills, both up and down.
Clear, high peaks crown our kingdom, Wales.

And on Tuesday there was an explanation of a Welsh poetic form called Cywydd Llosgyrnog on Imaginary Garden. What a coincidence! So I've had a go at it here.

9 comments:

  1. Such a treat to read this poem - a Welsh poetic about Wales!! Brought a smile to my lips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, a treat, Cad... funny, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, now I know how to pronounce "Abergele", or at least its last two syllables.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DEAR CAD (card?): How lovely 'tis! I love Wales...my hubs ancestry goes back there! The new "wilds" aren't at all like the old "wilds" unless you stay awild! jj Chiccoreal

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so musical and fun. Really enjoyed. K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't need wellies very often here so I keep them in the garage. When I do need them, I have to shake them hard in case a scorpion has snuggled up there...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cad,
    A Welsh offering! Great traffic poem. Thanks for visiting my 'Rainbow'

    Hank

    ReplyDelete