Monday 25 July 2011

Wanted: A Bicycle Made For Two

 

Thus read the advertisement which appeared in the local press shortly before Caddoc and Ada planned to marry. He dreamed of taking her on a tandem tour around local beauty spots for their honeymoon....  Sadly, one was not forthcoming, and their story ran more like this...

"One minute, dearest," Caddoc said."I've things to see to in my shed."
"I'm the one", Ada replied, "needs seeing to!"
But Caddoc cried "Look you! My leek is growing limp!"
"That's not all, you weird Welsh wimp, that's hanging down in glum dejection where I should spy your Welsh . . . "
"Perfection!"
came the rejoinder from her spouse busy in his new greenhouse. Soon Ada's fears were laid to rest, and Caddoc wooed her, full of zest...
"All it needs is a brief spell of watering from my special well. Then you'll find your leek just grew some. We can make a blissful twosome."
And soon young Cad let out a shout.
"So THAT'S what nuptials are about! No more pottering in my shed- We'll spend our time in bed, instead!

You can see more of Caddoc waxing lyrical HERE, thanks to his being reminded of the stars in Ada's eyes, after Tess' "Cycles Sirius" brought back his disappointment over the non-appearance of a tandem...but Alicia was to blame for the honeymoon theme...

12 comments:

  1. Wonderfully fun, yet clever take. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! I do love a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trellissimo - I fell in love with your cycle poster, and couldn't resist going one step further, removing the machine in favour of the maiden. I hope you don't mind my helping myself to your version of Tess' prompt? It has given me ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  4. so this was 'some time ago'? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I loved the ending! The whole thing just made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious! Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, yes, that was certainly different.

    ReplyDelete