Monday 2 September 2013

What A Charmer

Ada can drive me up the wall but I thought it only right that she modelled for this mural. Ain't she a winsome sight?

I could've placed her on a pedestal, the way that lovers do...but " I will not squat on porcelain, not even, Cad, for you " said Ada in her sharpest tones, which made me think anew- so I've drawn her in a treetop crown.

"Forgive me, Ada dearest, for when you've simmered down, you'll realise I put you there 'cause you're way above the best, and will charm the birdies from the trees!" 

And there my case shall rest.

Inspired by The Mag, where Tess gave us artwork by Jeanie Tomanek to get our juices flowing.

20 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is one of your finest!!! Ada's refusal to 'squat on porcelain' is hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why, the old curmudgeon...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another masterpiece, Cad. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Ada; always running her down, is Cad. Even if he does it in the nicest possible way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My second try, but worth it, as are you and Ada, what a match!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahahahahaha!!!!! made me giggle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rest? I thought there was no peace for the wicked, Cad... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the editing you made on the pic. And the poem was just hysterical. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ada seems ecstatic about her passionately bestowed loftiness !

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was very funny - especially the doctoring of the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. good one indeed.....thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  12. hilarious- porcelain throne indeed! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, how nice the compositions with the picture and poem is.
    But I don't think no one that want to squat on a pedestal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thinks:- where have Cad and Ada gone? I hope they will be full of life in 2014...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been struck by SAD ! Maybe spring will resuscitate us, when it arrives...

      Delete
  15. Yes, you're absolutely right. Women do so much like to be uplifted and you stole my line about charming her out of the tree. At least she did not drop something on you! Remember if you will insist on doing these things the law of gravity is on her side! LOL

    ReplyDelete