Monday 6 May 2013

All About Caddoc

Caddoc's Version

Again I've caught Caddoc playing,
straying from his work, perhaps?
A lapse in his attention
I mention here, but I must smile
the while to acknowledge he's a
wizard when it comes to art -
part of why I fell for him -
grim though he may appear from time
to time. (Just look at his hat!
That is too awful for words,
absurd in fact.) But what he did
with a fiddle of his mouse today,
I must say was appealing -
stealing part of a painting! He's no dope,
I hope you'll agree;
he could see in his mind's eye
why a version with arms missing might
have more bite...I reprint it here,
my dear reader, but urge you to go
show him how you feel
for real about his home grown
poem - which I now plagiarise
as a surprise for him...
Thin end of the wedge? Maybe.
We'll see if he thinks
mine stinks...


After many moons of not being visible on this Truce blog, I can assure you I nevertheless remained behind the scenes to keep my gimlet eye upon Cad. So when I discovered today that he had got all creative, it spurred me on. Thank you, Mag 167!

8 comments:

  1. Ada, I take my hat off to you! Or should that be for you, as you are so scathing of its noble form? Good job I love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, Mrs. Trellis. Does that rhyme scheme have a name? Last word of any line rhymes with the first word of the next.
    Sometime I must try.
    Why! It's easy
    peasy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to ask Caddoc - I only followed his lead...
      In a minute his head will be getting too big for his crappy hat - if it isn't already...

      Delete
  3. fiddle of his mouse - like the musical touch here. I'm enjoying the bantering between you and Cad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two ~~ funny AND smart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all crack me up!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. funny smart and......clever rhyming I must say! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good - humoured and very clever. You put a smile on my dial :-)

    ReplyDelete