Monday 27 August 2012

Busted!

Caddoc at his sculpture class
configured Mrs. Trellis,
but when he came rejoicing home
his wife said "What the hell is
this supposed to be?" Said Cad
"Why, dearest, it's your bust - "
"You leave my bust alone, I say!"
"No change there, then!" he cussed.
But, nothing daunted, Cad resumed
to chisel blocks of stone,
and very soon he brought a pair
of new art works back home
to adorn his window sills.

Now Trell and Ada stand in state-
one each side of his open grate!



Thanks for the prompt go to Tess at Mag 132, where Andrew Wyeth was the featured artist.

15 comments:

  1. You have sculpted the prompt a la Michaelangelo And the rhyme is Homeric Heroic. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. every week you make me smile...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started smiling at the title...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Funny and clever. 'Tis good to laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is marvelous! I love your sense of humor more than I can say (because I am laughing too hard to say anything!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative and I love your humor....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a blog that has me smiling before I get to it from the linkylist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just laughed out loud in the library....! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. i liked the humour in your piece. Not an easy task. (I mean it's not an easy task to find humour in this picture, i know I wouldn't have been able to) so well done. it always amazes me how everyone leaves with the same picture and brings back a unique take. thanks for your comment Trellissimo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I pondered about the bust and came up with zilch. You came up with quite a pair! :)

    ReplyDelete