Sunday 15 July 2012

The Way To Ada's Heart

Here's another slice of Trellis life, inspired by Tess at Willow Manor and her Jack Vittriano prompt.


"That Cad Trellis  is so late! He said he'd call for me at eight. But now it's going on for nine - I'll wring his red Welsh neck, the swine! Ada should not be kept waiting when we've but lately started dating and I've put on my best black dress my crumply Welshman to impress, and artfully messed with my hair to charm him in this lady's lair.

I hear the doorbell. Is that him? His chances sure are growing slim. He'll get a piece of Ada's mind, 'cos Ada's feeling quite unkind. He shouldn't keep me waiting hours . . "

(She opens the door)

"Oh, Caddoc dear! What lovely flowers - "

23 comments:

  1. :] oh this is crazy cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! The picture's hilarious too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. He..he...funny...and nice picture ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. you had me smiling with this - & how a nice bouquet of flowers does change things... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. whew...lucky for you on the flowers....sounds like you were about to get it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever little twist and very funny. The picture though is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just great! k.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah aren't all we women so artless when given flowers! Posies always work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whew! That was a close one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't care what you wrote (well, maybe a little, totally cool) but the artwork gave me the only laugh of the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the artwork and I am always a fan of flowers. Thanks. =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This made me smile. I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How absolutely adorable! I like that you left that little dangling piece of long hair for this newly created lovely look! Marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The way to man's heart is his stomach. The way to a women's heart is just a bunch of flowers. It's a lot cheaper to a woman's heart! Chuckles! Nice write Trellis!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just the pick me up I needed of a loose Wednesday evening! Saying it with flowers.......just the thing to get the bee from her bonnet!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I came here via Dr FTSE Cad - and found this delight! Brilliant!

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Ada,
    black suits you - the LBD does intensify the beauty of a woman! I hope you found the diamond ring hidden in the flowers - 1 carat for each hour. Caddock knows how to please. You, I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Heeheehee - and so it begins! :D

    ReplyDelete