Thursday 17 September 2015

THEY'RE BACK!

Great News, Folks!   My friends Ada and Caddoc Trellis have broken a long silence to tell me about a recent little adventure, prompted by Tess Kincaid's picture at Magpie Tales No. 285


Ada had taken a trip to the West -
poor Caddoc, alone,  -  felt bereft.
Until...
"Yes!" Caddoc cried, and rolled out of bed.
"While Beloved's away, I'll refurbish my shed!
I'll visit IKEA, perhaps B&Q
and with planking and paint I will show all of you
I'm not just a gard'ner, I'm a carpenter too!"

So he sawed and he planed and he painted and nailed
and much he attempted and in nothing failed,
'til his shed had new gables and windows and doors
and some tourists who passed cried as one "Zut Alors!"
while Caddoc, inside, gazing out with a smirk
thought "At last, a real shed! It was worth all the work!"

But Ada, returning, couldn't hide her delight. 
"That looks sooooo cosy,  you can stay there all night!"


(LIke old times, folks. Seems Caddoc can't win.)

3 comments:

  1. You sure know how to write a happy story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O deary me, that poor Caddoc
    But at least he escaped a face like a haddock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just clicking on my readers list and found this wonderful story - do keep writing!
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete