Wednesday 29 February 2012

Look Before You Leap

"To think" mused Ada "I proposed to Cad. I thought that he was such a lovely lad. But I soon realised his garden shed was more attractive to him than our bed. I did not know he wore such gruesome hats. I did not understand we'd have such spats. Are you surprised my mouth quite soon turned down, that where there once were smiles there's now a frown? I HATE the way he scratches at his belly. I do not like my life in Abergele. Sometimes I think I ought to run away and find myself a flat in Colwyn Bay. Look out!  He's coming in. And oh . . my nose is telling me he's bringing me Leap Year roses! Do I misjudge him? Has he a kind heart? All the same, I wish that he'd not f**t so loudly when he's thinning seedlings... He tries to get round me with his wheedling words, which (he should know), I find absurd!
Especially when trumpeting’s all that I’ve heard!

Ella at IGWRT asked that we wrote about sounds we heard - but she probably never expected these... Haha! 

17 comments:

  1. Ah, the subtle art of communication between long-term lovers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. . . . but she loves him really . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For my sins, Jabblog. Or maybe I'm a glutton for punishment.

      Delete
  3. hahaha! So funny!

    And love the picture *singing along*

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to read!
    Off to arm wrestle hubby for the laptop ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished peeing my pants I think...which consequently probably put me the same in my wifes eyes....lol. This was hilarious and a great twist on the challenge. Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made me smile...it so reminds me of my husband and I...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. He..he...What fun...You guys remind me too of my hubby and I...forever arguing..

    Happy Leap Year ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd forever love the sound of the spats....!!lol

    ps.......I've turned off my verification function. These new ones are a pain in the arse, I admit! But I plan on paying homage to the singular worded verif's of Olde - so tune in around the weekend and see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what we poor wives must put up with! I'd be doing well to get roses every leap year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I so related to this, unfortunately for me the part that holds most true in my house is that infernal "trumpeting!" Gave me a great giggle this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rabbie Burns would love this. His take on Cad's household sounds was

    "Wharivver ye be, let yer wind gang free.
    In kirk ur chapel, let it rattle."

    Come from eating too much haggis, or maybe from playing the bagpipes right after eating haggis.

    The story of Ada and Cad continues with unabated hilarity, Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb stuff! Roll on the next instalment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just read every post since my last visit and I must say, Trellises, you are better and better!

    ReplyDelete