Monday 20 February 2012

On Yer Bike!

Our hapless pair set out in tandem one fine day, to ride at random. Of a sudden, Cad sees he’s alone. He stops and pulls out mobile phone.

"Is that the Coastguard?  Caddoc Trellis here. Ada's lost along the way, I fear! We set out for a cycle ride. She fell behind.      
I've hunted far and wide from Pentre Mawr and Pensarn, all the way along the coast from Rhyl to Colwyn Bay. I'm getting filled with vague alarm. It's not like my Ada. Has she fallen off her bike? Is she lying by the roadside in distress, her lycra cycling suit a muddy mess? 

Wait!  Sorry that I bothered you. Just found my Ada's in a phone booth, on the ground! I dare not say how little she is wearing! I need to know her reason for her baring all, in this psychedaelic phone booth's light… to anyone but me, a fearsome sight.
     
"Ada!  What do you think you’re doing here?"                             

"Could that be Caddoc's voice? He sounds quite near."       

"Ada, dearest!  THIS EDIFICE IS NOT A SUNBED! Have you, perchance, quite lost your head? I’ve long suspected you might be every bit as mad as me!!!"

Thanks once again to Tess, whose Mag 105 called forth this madness from the Trellis Tribe..

28 comments:

  1. Ha..ha...Nice take on the prompt. I would not have thought of it as a sunbed ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Lots of fun. Such a great pair you've got there! I am still laughiing! ( I especially love the bit about a fearsome sight to all but you or Caddoc. I may not be phrasing it right, but you know what I mean.) Thanks! K .

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two, definitely made for each other. Looks like her bod was transformed in that magical booth! Lucky you..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That neon lit phone booth is turning everyone into mad hatters. I love your Ada. And Lyn is right, Ada looks fabulous. You's better bare all and jump in too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! I like your take on the prompt - not inspired, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite an imaginative look at the prompt...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my... you ALWAYS crack me up. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must remember that - ‘filled with vague alarm’! I would say “Walk towards the light,” but it seems Ada already did! Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful .. yes, it does look a bit like a tanning bed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As mad as each other - the perfect mix! I know - luminous phone boxes - what else could it be...? Just don't tell my son.....he's a bed addict!

    ReplyDelete
  11. An upright sunbed... she will be tan all over from top to bottom...enterprising woman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, these two! Where will it all end.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice one. Thanks for the chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are bent on enjoying every minute of time together. What a wonderful couple!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks promising as a sun bed; who can say?
    rel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clever! I would never have thought of this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a wonderfully funny pair. A symbiotic comedy team.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun adventure! Did Caddoc join her for a sunbathe? It's a rather small booth for one stretched out, never mind two. Delightful tale, and I thank you for sharing. =D

    ReplyDelete
  19. The things you two get up to.

    However, (big pause) I don't believe that Caddoc travelled the distances he said he did. He's too old for such a marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. lol, I have been thoroughly jovaled :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL This is so funny...you have such an imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like your humor (or humour, as the case may be) in this.

    ReplyDelete