Wednesday 1 February 2012

Men Will Be Boy Racers.

Caddoc, deep in mid-life crisis, sought new outlets which was why his thinking turned to 4 by 4's. Freedom! Fresh air! Out of doors, with shed and Ada far behind, he could roam freely. He would find trackways wild across the hills. All North Wales out there for thrills. So he sent for information, planned trips to hilltop destinations. Mount Snowdon via the Horseshoe Pass. Who knows? Maybe he'd meet a lass stranded with her big-end shot. Then he'd soon show her age is not a bar to wielding jack and tools. "We wrinklies, we are no-one's fools. From Abergele to Porthmadoc I'll be known as Whizzwheels Caddoc!"

Said Ada, "Cad - your lamp grows dimmer. All you need's a four wheeled zimmer. No point in looking so forlorn. Now look you!  Practise on the lawn."


26 comments:

  1. Oh poor Caddock! Is Ada casting nasturtiums at the strength of your wick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we have a habit of getting on each others wicks. It's what keeps our brains ticking over happily!

      Delete
  2. That Zimmer frame is none too grand,
    Why not try some Monkey gland?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun fun fin... Everyone needs it...

    JJRod'z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um...
    Where could I find a walker like that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, gosh, this is so funny...love the photo of you practicing on the lawn. Poor dude...

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol! Safety first, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whizzwheels Caddoc! It's great. Go on roam over the hills. Life's for the enjoying in that spectacular 4x4. The lamp's getting dimmer? No deal! Helpers are around! Real fun write-up this.Poking fun at each other Thanks for tickling the funnybones Cad!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  8. I shouldn't really have laughed - could be me soon - but I did. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This made me laugh...hope they have walkers like that if I need one.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful writing and a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, Caddoc, hold onto your dreams, boy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whizzwheels Caddoc- You are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol, love the picture! I wast thinking maybe a riding lawnmower. heheh

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm surprised she didn't leave him out to pasture on those Welsh hills. viva la

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's one mean, upright machine! Go Caddoc - the lawn'll be a doddle.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey! I'm a new bloger/writer and just added myself to your folowers to support you, maybe you'd like to come follow me? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd love to, Martin. But Ada says I'm too slow to catch a cold, never mind following youngsters like you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. that four wheeled contraption is way tooooo funneeee

    three dancer senryu

    ReplyDelete