Monday 24 March 2014

The Morning After

Ada and Caddoc had partied all night, to fall into bed with the dawn, and when they eventually opened their eyes, they couldn't but help feel forlorn.

The bed clothes were rumpled and all of a heap (I won't mention the mess on the floor). Neither Ada nor Caddoc could even begin to guess what had happened before...
Had a tornado struck?
Had they both run amok?
Was the bottle of whiskey to blame for the way their heads pounded and nothing stood still? Had the world spun and addled their brains?

N.B. I think A & C may have been having one long party session ever since 2013. Must be the hovering scent of Spring in the air that has tempted them, and me, out of our shells.

Apologies to Tracey and Tess for the effect Magpie Tales' prompt had on the Trellis household this week.

18 comments:

  1. Good one...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am certainly thrilled you have come out of hibernation ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Chymical Wedding of Ada and Caddoc !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very entertaining; well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see Ada and Cad back, and back on top form. I was beginning to think they'd divorced. Or killed each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha! So that's where they've been…a year long bender!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phew! I'm glad the world hadn't addled their brains! Can't have them doing nowt out of the ordinary...!!

    Missed you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great time was had and the room mirrored that fun. I liked your take on the image too! I wanted to follow your blog but I couldn't sign in. You had a problem with leaving a comment on my blog, do you have a g+ account? Just curious...

    ReplyDelete
  9. He-he, well done good fun.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha...one of my favorite things to read today. lighthearted, funny, witty...excellent post! :)

    stacy lynn mar
    http://warningthestars.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL
    You chaps really crack me up! . . as the Americans would say.
    First time I have ever seen a threesome actually work!! ROFL
    Caddoc, looking at your piccie and you look as though Ada has dragged you through a hedge backwards!
    We need a piccie of Trell or would it frighten us!! LOL
    Just popping backwards to see some of your other words of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "A Trellis Truce" has been included in the A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/06/a-sunday-drive.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think Ada's natural charm and magnetism would be entirely sufficient to attract more visitors, without the need for the services of Mr J E Beuterbaugh.

    ReplyDelete