Monday 13 February 2012

Mud, Mud, Glorious Mud!



Caddoc heard mud baths were good for the skin and wondered how he might persuade Ada in to sample the benefits, though she'd get mucky. 
I thought she'd say,   
"Cad, it's too yucky, ducky. How dare you suggest it? That one such as I, whose addiction to purity none can deny, should flounder about in a tub full of slime? That's tantamount to matrimonial crime!"
But Caddoc was tired of her protestations...
"I'm determined to remedy this situation. I’ll sully that image that's whiter than white, at least in her own eyes. I will give her a fright! I'll make a mud bath but top it with bubbles - cleaning  them up will be least of my troubles… Ada already makes me feel more than a tad useless and hopeless. It’s time I got mad!”
But when Ada lay daintily down in the bath She was a LONG way from having a laugh.  
“Help! What has happened? Someone get me out!”Came the heartrending sound of her piquant shout. 
“Trell to the rescue!” yelled I. Then with haste I hauled mudcaked Ada, now very red faced, onto the bathmat, trying not to stare as dollops of mud trickled down from her hair.

Then I gave her a blow dry, body and all and the mud formed a solid shell, waiting to fall, just like a plaster cast. That’s when I retired, and left  her to Caddoc. He was inspired. He baked her mud-mould and created ‘art’which he hung in the lobby. And that was the start of another new hobby for Mister C.T., the frustrated artist of this family!

This fol-de-rol was inspired by Tess Kinkaid's Magpie Tales #104, where you will find many more offerings.

27 comments:

  1. oh my- it's amazin' how you thought of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an imagination! Thoroughly entertaining stuff ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too funny...and to get your story from that picture prompt...it is amazing the different things people see in a single photograph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your response to this weeks prompt - very clever

    ReplyDelete
  5. now i want a mud bath

    <a href="http://zongrik.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/haunting-suppleness/>haunting suppleness</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Z - Your html doesn't show up correctly as a link because you have mislaid " between haunting-suppleness/ and >
      This, BTW, is the most frequent error when setting up html code for links.

      Delete
  6. How on earth you manage to carry Ada and Cad from the prompts each week is beyond me! Pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go into a sort of trance OR I just call Cad and Ada and ask them what they've been up to.

      Delete
  7. Hilarious Cad! I like your style. A brilliant twist from the rest!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice to get a lighthearted take on a disturbing image. And I love what you did with the image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A nice slide around a challenging image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is where I have to admit - the mud bath did wonders for my skin, if not my temper. (Not to mention my relationship with Mad Cad, the bane of my life...!!!)
    How on earth do I put up with you, Caddoc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If ever the pot called the kettle grimy-arse!

      Delete
    2. Come, come people - no more mud slinging, please! Let's all shake hands and call it quits...

      Delete
  11. Very clever, especially the mud cast. In high school, I actually made a plaster cast of my body as part of a modern art experiment. The teacher needed a guinea pig! K.

    ReplyDelete
  12. At least he made art and not dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If it were me he'd done that to, Cad would've gotten a few mud pies in the face!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore your profile pic! And this blog!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You asked, in a round about way, what link my post had to the photo prompt...The whole time I looked at tess's prompt, that woman in a sea of men, all I could think of was zombie Robots....I know STrANGE but what am I to do?? thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, the adventures - and she is memorialized in mud... ha ha. What more could a woman want?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your adventures in mud... "Mud, mud glorious mud, nothing quite like it for soothing the blood." =D Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Trellisimo: Caddock to the rescue...again...and good thing he found something artistically constructive to do with the leftovers from Ada's mucking-about. I can see the look on Ada's face now; and it's cracking me up~!Thanks for the laughs T~!!!

    ReplyDelete