Tuesday 5 April 2011

A Right Shower!

We pick up the grim story of the Trellis household where we left it last week . . . encouraged by another pictorial prompt from Willow. Cleanliness, they say, is next to Godliness. Do the Trellises agree?
Trellissimo: So Caddoc, paint and brush in hand and feeling very far from grand, crossed the yard to paint the shed, muttering inside his head...
"My tender portrait was in vain. Beloved strafed me yet again and packed me off to paint, alone. . . I swear she has a heart of stone."
And Caddoc, though he loved her madly, resigned himself to painting, (badly) the potting shed. But wait! Indoors, Ada gets up from scrubbing floors. Fronts the portrait, smiles, then thinks
"Perhaps I've been too much a minx. He's honest, sober, kind and true. So many things he does not do, like gamble... flirt... or smoke a pipe. Perhaps, perhaps the moment's ripe? I think I'll go and take a shower...sweet perfumes may enhance my power! "
Now what's this? Ada is singing! This time surely she'll be flinging caution to the winds of chance. What is life without romance? Meanwhile, Caddoc coming in, perhaps to fetch another tin of paint, or maybe some paint-thinner, doesn't dream he's on a winner.
"Ada! Ada! Where's... ?"
Where's Ada? Surely he can't have mislaid her? She's in their en suite, damp and steamy, and in his eyes a look that's dreamy now appears, as through the glass he spies Beloved's buxom -
"Pass my bathrobe, Caddoc dearest - I must admit to you, the queerest feelings have beset me- I feel like saying 'Come and get me?' What can have caused this great reversal? Is it an undress rehearsal for some acts of wedded bliss? Do you suppose something's amiss?!
"No, Beloved, it is normal! Life need not be dull and formal. Loving can be lots of good fun, when you find the certain someone who can make your heart beat faster! It is far from a disaster that at last you'll drop defences, and instead let's mend the fences which have long kept us apart. Come here to Caddoc, my dear heart!"
"You naughty man! Forget the bathrobe! Take me! Kiss me! Lick my earlobe!"
Ada, shedding shower water stands before him. Now he oughta seize his object of desire, bear her off to quench their fire. Instead...  he faints as there appears landscapes he's not seen in years.
"Now this passes all belief! Where's my bathrobe? Where's my briefs? Husband Caddoc, you've been warned! Hell hath no fury like Ada scorned."

21 comments:

  1. I smiled all the way through this spoof---laughing out loud at times.Very clever!

    Thanks for stopping by my place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great. I loved every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it! Poor Ada - but I dread to think what revenge she'll work on Craddoc when he comes round...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is pretty funny! I like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear oh dear, I would have thought that nought could stop him once he'd caught her in the nuddy, foolish laddie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So enjoyed reading this.. also the format, the device of a serial (soap?).. and the rhyme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. indiwriter . . soap? In the shower? Surely not?
    The story just gets better. How are you going to resolve their problem?
    ARE you going to resolve it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Caddoc: Love the Ada shower scene; so steamy, even for Ada! Earlobe licker eh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! Poor Ada, isn't that the way... Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha this is funny and beautiful ... this post has changed my otherwise grumpy mood, today. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. will she dash cold water in his face...or???? What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahahahahahahahahahhaha! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no! Though I must say, I predicted that things would not go well, as they never do! Poor Cad is really in for it now! If he's smart, he will stay unconscious for a LONG time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. it must be very noisy in your household!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Arrived here at last Trellissimo and never dissapointed! Wonderful clever stuff! Love it!

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a woos, Cad! Show her whose boss but no photos please!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whew ! poor lady- (very amusing though, on the whole,) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete